The housing market it nuts right now! Here are some things to consider if you or someone you know plans to move this summer.
- Estate Sale – If you plan to have an estate sale, you need to allow time for them to schedule, set up and run a sale once you are out of the house. You will want to contact an estate sale company before you even list your house to get on their schedule. If there is not time for a sale, we can look at other options.
- Listing your Home – When you list your house, be ready to move out quickly as things are moving fast. Because this is a seller’s market, remember you have the power to negotiate a close date so don’t let the pressure get to you.
- Moving Company – Movers are booked up so plan ahead in selecting a mover. As soon as you have a move date, schedule the mover. If you are moving out of the area, you may want to schedule the mover before you list your home.
- Storage Units – Because of the shortage of housing, lots of people are storing items. Storage units have very limited availability and so secure a storge unit before you even list your home if you feel like this is an option you will need.
- Finding a New Home – These days, there are multiple families competing for homes (whether renting or buying) which means you will need to have all of your financing, etc. in order so that you come across as a strong buyer or renter.
This is a great time to sell, but process can seem overwhelming with everything moving so quickly. We can help you develop a plan that helps you navigate this crazy market.
Call (909)307-4862 for a complimentary moving consultation to develop a plan, timeline and list of resources you will need to make your move seamless.