Eating as a family is so important, but hard after a long, hard day. Sometimes it seems easier just to run by the local fast food restaurant and eat on the run. However, with a little advance planning on the weekend or slower day, dinner time can be easy and healthy. Here are a few tips to making dinner easier and definitely healthier:
- Buy meat in bulk and cook it all at once, freezing the extras to throw into a recipe during the week when things are busy.
- Buy precooked meat like rotisserie chicken or frozen grilled chicken strips or shrimp to save time when preparing your favorite dish.
- Chop veggies ahead or buy prepared veggies to throw into your favorite dish.
- When cooking something like rice or quinoa, double the recipe and use it in another dish later in the week.
- Double the entire recipe for whatever you are making and freeze the second portion for a night you know you will not have time to prepare a meal.